Sadristen lehnen Gespräche mit pro-iranischem Block ab
The Sadrist Movement does not accept dialogue with the pro-Iran Coordination Framework regarding the current political tensions as the coalition no longer exists, a senior Sadrist official told Rudaw on Monday.
Tensions between the Sadrist Movement and the Coordination Framework have escalated recently following the withdrawal of the Sadrist bloc from the parliament. Thousands of supporters of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr have announced a sit-in at the parliament building following days of protests which are growing and spreading to the rest of Iraq. Supporters of the Shiite coalition also held counter protests in the capital city of Baghdad on Monday.
Hadi al-Amiri, head of the Fatih Alliance, which is part of the Coordination Framework, called on both sides to resolve their issues through dialogue, saying “enough blood.” In return, Sadrist Movement announced three conditions to accept the initiative, including the withdrawal of Amiri from the coalition and a guarantee.
However, Ibrahim Jabiri, head of Sadr office, told Rudaw’s Rozhan Abubakir on Monday that they will not enter any dialogue with the pro-Iran coalition, claiming that it no longer exists.
“There is nothing called the [Coordination] Framework at all,” he claimed, adding that its members have had separate statements.
The Coordination Framework became the largest coalition last month after Sadrist parliamentarians resigned.